Don’t sacrifice tone for volume—get a violin amp!
Once you have an electric violin, electric viola, electric cello or electric upright bass (or an acoustic instrument with a pickup), you are only half ready to be heard! Your actual sound comes from an amplifier. If you start with an amp that gives you a natural-sounding tone, then you can modify it however you please. We have a large selection of violin amps with great tone, features, and affordable prices! When choosing violin amps for practice or performance, here are some key features to consider:
- Two input channels allow you to play with a friend, or run two instruments into the same amp.
- Speaker size and wattage determine potential volume.
- Cello and bass generally require at least 10” speakers to reproduce bass frequencies (exception: the Fishman loudbox amps reproduce the cello range nicely and even work with bass!).
- Onboard effects such as reverb and delay add pleasing effect to add warmth to your string tone.
- Effects beyond reverb take you into more wild sounds like flange, distortion, phasing, etc.
- Headphone jack allows you to practice without disturbing your neighbor.
- Direct, or line output sends your signal to the PA system so the sound technician can blend you with other band members.
- Battery power for playing on the street.
Shop our varied selection of great violin amps. If you need assistance, please contact us at 866-900-8400 for expert advice on choosing the best amp for your needs and budget.