Elegant in its design and crafted from six different woods, Yamaha's YEV electric violin is lightweight and gorgeous. The clean, straight lines of the YEV's spruce central spine and maple top are emphasized by twin parallel inlays of mahogany, while the curving, graceful arches of its walnut lower bout structure imply a mobius strip. Clean, straight lines and swooping, sinuous structures define an electric violin that's as beautiful as it is affordable. The YEV has a dual-piezo pickup passive that produces a natural and resonant tone. Designed for performance, not practice, the electronics are passive, meaning no batteries are required. A volume control knob is accessibly located on the back of the YEV near the neck, allowing for quick adjustments on the fly. A volume control activation switch on the back of the instrument locks and unlocks the volume control function so you can set the desired level for a performance without risk of raising or lowering it by bumping the volume knob. The 1/4-inch jack is located on the back central spine of the instrument, an wise placement that prevents the cable tugging on you as you play. A right-angled cable is recommended.
- All-access electric violin: beautiful, light, easy and fun to play at an affordable price point.
- 5-string adds low C for viola range
- A visually appealing instrument with simple, clean sound that strongly appeals to violin players.
- Made from 6 different woods that add to the overall organic, natural &resonant sound of the amplified instrument.
- Just plug it into an amplifier and play. No batteries, no headphones, no preamps necessary.
- Yamaha dual piezo pickup bridge
- Standard 1/4-inch jack
- Circuit breaker button for muting
|Wireless Compatibility||Line 6 Relay G10, Line 6 Relay G30|
|Custom Stock Status||No|